Powered By Blogger

Thursday 30 August 2012

....and another thing

In my haste of trying to get all the recipes down before they evaporated from my mind, I completely forgot to mention what's been happening body wise.

Apart from being sick for those few days, I have noticed some positive changes.
My skin has cleared up (thank goodness) and it's feeling rather good and looking quite bright (so i've been told).  Not sure if this is just down to the extra hydration, the fact that I've changed my beauty products or my diet.  I'd like to think that it's a mixture of all three but at the end of the day, you are what you eat :)

I've also noticed that I'm not snacking any where near as much as I used to.  I really don't know why this is.  Also, I'm not as hungry as I used to be and I really cannot explain this. 
I do however, have a couple of theories.
If you remember from the first few weeks, I was eating like a sumo wrestler.  Filling up on all the sugary vegan treats that I could, stuffing as much carbs as I could and so on.  I was ravenous.  At the time, I put it down to my lady times, but I think that maybe it was my body's natural response to detoxing from animal products.  Maybe it was going bananas and trying to get me to replace what it was craving with anything I could get my hands on.
Now that's out of my system, I feel like I don't actually need to consume as much to feel full.
I am actually satisfied after every meal, and have found that in the last two weeks, my cravings have greatly reduced.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a sugar head, it's my downfall, don't judge me. BUT, even when I bake, I can have a piece and then put it away.  This is a new concept to me.
I now only eat two squares of raw dark chocolate every now and then, not half a slab.  Yes, it is very, very bizarre.
I like to think that my body has re-calibrated or is in the process of recalibrating and this is what life is meant to be like. A day not filled with thoughts of what I can eat next!

Another thing that I've noticed, and this is really amazing to me, is that I feel much, much calmer.  I noticed this specially when I am having conversations with people.  
I don't know what it is, but I just feel content.
And it's not that I wasn't content before, it's just a different type of contentment, like a feeling of calm from the inside.
Oh dear, I'm really not explaining myself too well here.
I think the next step is to match my diet with a diet for my mind.  Meditation work shop anyone?  Yes, it's been on my radar for a while, trying to break into my waking psyche for a long time and now I feel like I'm ready for this.  I'm going to do it!!

Ok, ok, but before we get there, should we just have one square of this?

  
peas, love and mung beans

xxb

No comments:

Post a Comment